March 13, 2011
How to Educate Your Patients in the Most Effective Ways
Updated November 10, 2014 -
“Content is King” is how the saying goes in Internet Marketing. And that couldn’t be more true for web surfers and even more so for potential patients.
Your web site visitors want to know how procedures are done, what your before and after results look like, and healing times they can expect.
This is why creating engaging, educational content on your web site is essential to your success.
5 Tips for Creating Quality Web Content that Patients Will Love
- Keep patient education as your main focus. Though your site will experience growing traffic as your content is added to your site and shared, your main goal is to educate patients, not to get more people to your site. This will keep the content rich with expert information and your focus on the right objectives.
- Introduce yourself to your patients through a short video or an "About" page on your site complete with a picture of yourself and your staff. Helping patients get to know you builds trust and credibility.
- Make sure to mention your medical school, board certifications, medical association memberships, and other certificates or specialized training that will help patients to trust in your qualifications and skills.
- Make a clear list of the procedures you perform. Visitors to your web site already know exactly what they're looking for. By telling them upfront about what procedures you perform, they can quickly find what they need and take the next step by contacting you.
- Offer a virtual tour of your surgical facilities and your office. Patients who actually see a doctor’s facilities ahead of time through well-done videos and professionally-taken photos are more likely to visualize being there and making an appointment. Be sure to highlight special aspects of your practice such as your ultra-modern waiting area, treatment / procedure rooms, alkaline water dispenser, or other unique features that make your practice stand out from the rest.
- Testimonials upon testimonials. You can never have too many patients saying good things about you! By asking your patients to provide a written testimonial and perhaps the use of their before and after pictures, your site visitors can see your expert handiwork and read about how happy your patients are. There’s no better way to build your credibility!
- Online reviews on local-based directories. Sites such as Yelp, RateMDs, Google Local, Vitals, HealthGrades, FourSquare, etc. that help patients find local doctors is a great place for feedback to be left. Be sure to ask your patients and consultations to rate their experience with you and to leave feedback on those sites. We recommend having a special page on your web site where you list all of your local profiles so patients can easily find you. This feedback is invaluable because it convinces potential patients that you're the best doctor in their area!
Implementing these valuable tips for creating great content will:
- Allow more patients to find your site.
- Encourage them to schedule an appointment.
- Make it easy for patients to trust you before they ever meet you.
So get started today on your web site redesign or ask us to get the ball rolling for you. Our team of medical marketing experts will craft quality, SEO-optimized content for your site that will educate, engage, and convince your patients that you’re the best professional to perform their procedure. Call us today at 951.665.8360 for help.
Kim is the owner of EggStream Marketing: www.eggstreammarketing.com
She lives in Corona, CA and enjoys educating medical practices in the U.S. as a medical marketing consultant with EggStream Marketing.