January 10, 2011
Benefits of Outsourcing the Job to Someone Else
Updated November 10, 2014 -
You are an expert in your specialty and you prove that every day through your precision in the operating room and office. But when it comes to your medical practice marketing, you likely have better things to do than sit behind your computer trying to think of new ways to get more patients in the door.
The truth is that everyone has a purpose. Our company's mission and purpose is to help you get more traffic to your web site and turn them into lifetime patients by building their trust.
Plastic surgery, dermatology, cosmetic dentistry…whatever your specialty is – you are a gift to patients who want to enhance their appearance through the talent and skills that you possess.
Since I'm an aesthetic patient myself, I know the value of the services you provide because of the confidence my own procedures gave me.
Here are the main benefits of outsourcing your practice marketing to the professionals.
Areas of your practice that you probably outsource already:
- Front office duties such as patient greeting and receptionist
- Patient file keeping
- Insurance claims and inquiries, where applicable
- Pricing negotiations with patients
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Medical transcription
- Back office duties such as drain removals, nasal packing removals, biological waste removal, etc.
- Product promotion such as skin care lines, scar reduction ointment, etc.
You get the idea; everything in your office except what only you can do is probably being outsourced to someone else right now. Why do you do that? Because a smart and efficacious physician, such as yourself, delegates tasks to others and concentrates on running his or her practice.
Medical practice marketing services you should outsource:
- Creation of videos for patient education and testimonials
- Web site design for the most professional presentation
- SEO, practice marketing, and medical social media services
- Keyword research to help people find you online (local search engine marketing)
- Reputation management and programs to help patients leave online reviews
- Blog site set up and blog posts written with the purpose of engaging patients
- Press releases to market your practice and help in search engine rankings
- Link building – or getting links back to your site from well-known, relevant sites
- Patient newsletter management, design, and deployment
Don't Sign Up with Anyone Until You Research These Two Things
Do research on, say, five medical marketing & SEO companies and choose the top 3 things you like from each company. Then, evaluate their case studies and testimonials from other clients. This will show you if they:
- Do what they say they can do
- Produce results that are measurable and significant
- Have happy clients that are willing to share the good word publicly
If you’re ready to hand over the reins to a team of experts who specialize in medical marketing online, then give me a call or email me. Time and again, you’ll experience fast results and continual growth of your practice when you outsource your Internet marketing to professionals that you can trust.
Kim is the owner of EggStream Marketing: www.eggstreammarketing.com
She lives in Corona, CA and enjoys educating medical practices in the U.S. as a medical marketing consultant with EggStream Marketing.